The Song of Prayer
Prayer, Forgiveness, Healing
IV. The Holiness of Healing
1. How holy are the healed! For in their vision their brothers share their healing and their love. God’s healers are bringers of peace – the Holy Spirit’s Voice, through whom He speaks for God, Whose Voice He is. God's healers speak only for Him and never for themselves. They have no gifts but those they have from God. And these they share because they know that this is what He wills. They are not "special." They are holy. They have chosen holiness, and given up all separate dreams of special attributes through which they can bestow unequal gifts "on those less fortunate." ALL of God's Sons deserve Him and His healing. Their healing has restored their wholeness so they can forgive, and join the song of prayer in which the healed sing of their union and their thanks to God. They no longer pretend to be special, to hold their head higher than everyone else’s. They no longer hide infirmities and pretend to be perfect. Their light shines bright among men. It is a light they share, not one they attempt to hide in order to “blend in.” The time for hiding your illnesses is over; the time to see and be seen, healthy and whole, is here. These are the messengers, teachers, and ministers of God.
2. As witnesses to forgiveness and to prayer, and the effect of mercy truly taught, healing blesses. And the world responds to healing in quickened chorus through the voice of prayer. Forgiveness shines its merciful reprieve upon each blade of grass and feathered wing and ALL living things upon the earth. Fear has no haven here, for love has come in all its holy oneness. Time remains only to let the last embrace of prayer rest on the earth an instant, as the world is shined away. This instant is the goal of all true healers, those whom the Christ has taught to see His likeness and to teach like Him.
3. Think what it means to help the Christ to heal your brothers! Can anything be holier that this? What a calling! God thanks His healers, for He knows the Cause of healing is Himself, His Love, His Son, restored as His completion and returned to share with Him the holy joy of creation. Do not ask for partial healing, nor accept any idol for remembrance of Him Whose Love has never changed and never will. You are as dear to Him as is the whole of His Creation, for His Love lies in you as His eternal gift. Ask yourself: "What need have I for shifting dreams within a sorry world? Instead, I will remember the gratitude of God. I will remember the holy grace of prayer. And I will remember the forgiveness of God’s Son."
4. You first forgive, then pray, and then you are healed. Your prayer has risen up and called to God, Who hears and answers. You have understood that you forgive and pray but for yourself, that you are the only one here. God has only one Son. There is no world, and no one who is in it. And in this understanding you are healed. In prayer you have united with your Source, and understood that you have never left Him. (See ACIM.T-31) Yet this level cannot be attained until there is no hatred in your heart, and no desire to attack the Son of God. Hatred comes about when love is forgotten, misunderstood, or turned aside. It is the choice to be what you could never be, to say what could never be true, and to exist where you could never survive. Instead, release all your thoughts, words and actions – to heal, bless, prosper and love. You will enjoy doing this. 😊
5. Always remember this; it is you who are God’s Son, and as you choose to be to Him so are you to yourself, and so God appears to you. Nor will your judgment fail to reach to God, for you will give the role to Him Whom you see in His creation. Do not choose amiss, or you will think that it is you who are creator in His place, and He is then no longer Cause but only its effect. (If you choose amiss, healing is seen as impossible, for He is blamed for your deception and your guilt. He Who is Love becomes the source of fear to you, for only fear can now be justified as the cause of what you see when seeing amiss. Vengeance is now His. Its great destroyer is death. And sickness, suffering and grievous loss become the lot of everyone on earth, appearing to be delivered from you no more. This is what you will see and believe when you forget that you are God’s Son. Is this what you want? No?) Then remember you are God’s Son. Maintain your true Identity at all times.
Come unto Me, My children, once again, without twisted untrue thoughts upon your hearts. Forget what you think you are, what you have made of yourselves, and remember you are My Son. You still are holy with the Holiness Which fathered you in perfect sinlessness, and still surrounds you with the Arms of peace. Dream now of healing. Then arise and lay all dreaming down forever. You are he your Father loves, who never left his home, nor wandered in a savage world with feet that bleed, and with a heavy heart made hard against the love that is the truth in you. Give all your dreams to Christ and let Him be your Guide to healing, leading you in prayer beyond the sorry reaches of the world.
Christ comes for Me (God) and speaks My Word to you. I would recall My weary Son to Me from dreams of malice, to the sweet embrace of everlasting Love and perfect peace. My Arms are open to the Son I love. You do not understand that you are healed, and that your prayers have never ceased to sing your joyful thanks in unison with all creation, in the holiness of Love. The world of illusion has not changed this. The world of illusion can change nothing, for it is nothing. Underneath the sounds of harsh and bitter striving and defeat there is a Voice that speaks to you of Me. Hear this an instant and you will remember you are healed. Hear this an instant and you will remember you are saved. It is a DREAM of sleep and forgetfulness. Awaken, My child. Be still an instant. (An instant! YOU CAN DO THIS. Lesson 182: "I will be still an instant and go home." Lesson 199: "Why do I choose to stay an instant more where I do not belong, when God Himself has given me His Voice to call me home? I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.")
Help Me to wake My children from the dream of retribution and a little life beset with fear, that ends so soon it might as well have never been. Separation/time/fear was over the instant you thought of it, but your mind has elongated time and dragged the illusion over eons of time that does not exist. Let Me instead remind you of eternity, in which your joy grows greater as your love extends along with Mine beyond infinity, where time and distance have no meaning. While you wait in sorrow, Heaven’s melody is incomplete, because your song is part of the eternal harmonies of love. Without you, creation is unfulfilled. Return to Me Who never left My Son. Listen, My child, your Father calls to you. Hear only the Call for Love. Do not deny the Christ, nor refuse Christ what is His Own. Heaven is here and Heaven is your home. Choose this only.
Creation leans across the bars of time to lift the heavy burden from the world. Lift up your hearts to greet its advent. See the shadows fade away in gentleness; the thorns fall softly from the bleeding brow of him who is the holy Son of God. How like to Me! How lovingly I hold you in My Heart and in My Arms. How dear is every gift to Me that you have made, who healed My Son and took him from the cross. Arise and let My thanks be given you. And with My gratitude will come the gift first of forgiveness, then Eternal Peace.
So now return your holy voice to Me. The song of prayer is silent without you, The universe is waiting your release because it is its own. Be kind to your brothers and to yourself, and be kind to Me. ("Gratitude to God becomes the way in which He is remembered, for love cannot be far behind a grateful heart and thankful mind." (M-23.4.6) I ask but this: That you be comforted and live no more in terror and in pain. Do not abandon Love. It is Who you are! And It is Who I AM.
Remember this: Whatever you may think about yourself, whatever you may think about the world, your Father needs you and will call to you until you come to Him in peace at last. Amen