Clarification of Terms -- 1. Mind - Spirit (recap)
1. Definitions: Mind -- Activating Agent of Spirit, supplying its creative energy
Spirit -- Thought of God which He created like Himself (includes Son of God); the part of you that is still in contact with God through the Holy Spirit.
Consciousness -- receptive mechanism, receiving messages from above or below, from the Holy Spirit or ego.
Unified Spirit -- God's One Son or Christ
Holy Spirit -- Voice for God (Whose Home is in Christ, God's One Son)
Christ -- Light, God's One Son
2. You are in reality spirit, a Thought of God. Spirit's creative energy is supplied by the mind.
3. The mind is described in the course as if it had two parts: spirit and ego. As you think, so do you perceive yourself. If you think of yourself incorrectly, as body/ego, then you will perceive yourself incorrectly and appear to activate the ego. If you perceive yourself correctly, as spirit, then you will direct your mind to activate the spirit. The Holy Spirit can help you perceive correctly.
4. As you think with Him, and as your brothers think with Him, you think together. And when two or more are gathered together to think only Thoughts of God, there is a joining of mind and spirit with each other and with Him. This is called unification. The unified spirit is God's one Son, or Christ; mind and spirit, joined by thinking only Thoughts of God.
5. There is power in this joining, power to overcome or overlook the world that was made to keep you separate from each other and separate from your Father. Power is in spirit, because there is power in truth. There is an illusion of power in the ego, but it is not real. Spirit and ego will not both be activated at the same time. It is one or the other, not both. However, you may go back and forth from one to the other and back again, and in fact many do, yet spirit is the ultimate choice.
6. The ego part of the mind is entirely illusory and makes only illusions. Spirit retains the potential for creating, but its Will, which is God's, seems to be imprisoned while the mind is not unified, and still seems to be split between spirit and ego. In order to create, then, you must join mind and spirit.
7. God's Will is always free for us to choose. Ultimately God's Will will be seen as the ONLY choice -- because we share His Will for us. The ego is unreal, and will ultimately be seen as such.
8. The mind can be wrong or right, depending on the voice to which it listens:
Wrong-mindedness listens to the many voices of the ego and makes illusions seem real, perceiving sin and justifying anger, and seeing guilt and disease and death as real.
Right-mindedness listens to the Holy Spirit, the one Voice for God, and forgives (overlooks) the errors of the world that never happened in truth; aware of the fact that they were but misperceptions and misinterpretations.
One-mindedness is being awake to the truth. This occurs in the Christ Mind, Whose Will is one with God's. God Himself will lift you into Heaven when at first grace, and then One-mindedness, is reached.
9. Both the ego world (wrong-mindedness) and the real world (right-mindedness) are illusions. Only Heaven, our natural environment, is the truth. So first ask to see the real world, and for God's grace. Leave your mind open to receive both. Allow Holy Spirit to prepare you for your real home -- Heaven.
(Continue to Terms -- The Ego - The Miracle)