Manual for Teachers: 14. How Will the World End?
1. Can what has no beginning, really end? The world will end in an illusion as it began (in an illusion of attack and separation). Yet its ending will be an illusion of mercy. The illusion of forgiveness will cover it completely, excluding no one, limitless in gentleness, hiding all evil, concealing all sin, and ending guilt forever. So ends the world that guilt had made, for now it has no purpose and it is gone.
The father of illusions is the belief that illusions have a purpose; that they serve a need or gratify a want. Yet when they are perceived as purposeless, they are no longer seen at all. Their uselessness is recognized, and they are gone. How but in this way are all illusions ended? They have been brought to truth, and truth did not see the illusions. It merely overlooked the meaningless -- as we must do.
2. Until forgiveness is complete, the world does have a purpose. It becomes the home in which forgiveness is born, and where it grows and becomes stronger and more all-embracing. Here it is nourished, for here it is needed. Here is a gentle Savior, born where sin was made and guilt seemed real. Here is His home, for here there is need of Him indeed. He brings the ending of the world with Him. It is His Call that God’s teachers answer, turning to Him in silence to receive His Word. The world will end when all things in it have been rightly judged by His judgment. The world will end with the benediction of holiness upon it. When not one thought of sin remains, the world is over. It will not be destroyed nor attacked nor hacked, nor even touched. It will merely cease to seem to be.
3. Certainly this seems to be a long, long while away. “When not one thought of sin remains” appears to be a long-range goal indeed. But time (itself an illusion) stands still, and waits on the goal of God’s teachers. Not one thought of sin will remain the instant any one of them accepts Atonement for himself. It is not easier to forgive one sin than to forgive all of them. The principle is the same. The illusions of orders of difficulty is an obstacle the teacher of God must learn to pass by and leave behind. One sin, perfectly forgiven, by one teacher of God, can make salvation complete. You see, it is not the sin which is important. It is the principle of forgiveness. Once it is understood, it is complete. Can you understand this? Perhaps not. It is meaningless here. Yet it is the final lesson in which unity is restored. It goes against all the thinking of the world, but so does Heaven.
4. The world will end when its thought system has been completely reversed. Until then, bits and pieces of its thinking will still seem sensible. The final lesson, which brings the ending of the world, cannot be grasped by those not yet prepared to leave the world and go beyond its tiny reach. What, then, is the function of the teacher of God in this concluding lesson? He need merely learn how to approach it; to be willing to go in its direction. He need merely trust that, if God’s Voice tells him it is a lesson he can learn, he can learn it. He does not judge it either as hard or easy. His Teacher points to it, and he trusts that He will show him how to learn it. And He will!
5. The world will end in joy, because it is a place of sorrow. When joy has come, the purpose of the world has gone. The world will end in peace, because it is a place of war and conflict. When peace has come, what is the purpose of the world? The world will end in laughter, because it is a place of tears. Where there is laughter, who can continue to weep? And only complete forgiveness brings all this to bless the world. In blessing it departs, for it will not end as it began. To turn hell into Heaven is the function of God’s teachers, for what they teach are lessons in which Heaven is reflected. And now sit down in true humility, and realize that all God would have you do, you can do. Do not be arrogant and say you cannot learn His Own curriculum. His Word says otherwise. His Will be done. It cannot be otherwise. And be thankful this is so. All hail the Teachers of God Who have answered His Call!
MANUAL FOR TEACHERS
14. HOW WILL THE WORLD END?
1. The world will end in an illusion, as it began. The illusion of guilt made the world, but it will end in an illusion of mercy. The illusion of forgiveness will end the illusion of guilt forever, thus guilt will no longer need a world in which to hide. This world is an illusion and ALL illusions were based on guilt. Yet forgiveness brings them ALL to truth and shows them to be meaningless; thus they are null and void, and Heaven retains its rightful place as our home.
2. Until forgiveness is complete, however, the world does have a purpose. It becomes the home in which forgiveness is born, becomes stronger and more all-embracing – until the world’s thought system has been reversed. Until then, bits and pieces of its thinking will still seem sensible. The Holy Spirit leads us gently through forgiveness to truth, and back home to God. The world will end when all things have been rightly judged by His judgment. When not one thought of sin remains, the world is over.
3. It is not easier to forgive one sin than to forgive all of them. One sin perfectly forgiven by one teacher of God can make salvation complete. This is because forgiveness is an idea. And the idea of forgiveness, once accepted, can be extended from one sin to all of them! It is a matter of exchange. We exchange the idea of sin for the idea of forgiveness. Thus sin and judgment disappear, and only light and love remain.
4. The function of the teacher of God in this concluding lesson is merely to learn how to approach it, to be willing to go in its direction. He need merely trust that, if God’s Voice tells him it is a lesson he can learn, he can learn it. He does not judge it either as hard or easy. He trusts that His Teacher knows how to teach this lesson to each one. Trust that He will show YOU how to learn it and how to teach it to your brothers and take them with you.
5. Sorrow, war and weeping are hallmarks of this world. It will end in joy, peace and laughter. This is effected by leaving the ideas of the world behind, and teaching lessons in which Heaven is reflected.
6. Trust that all God would have you do you can do. His Will be done. It cannot be otherwise. After all, He is GOD. ☺♥☺