Clarification of Terms: Recap
INTRODUCTION -- This course is concerned with Atonement, or the correction of the error of perception of the Son of God as separate from the Father, the Creator. The error is corrected through forgiveness and the experience of the truth of God's Word. It is enough for now for us to know that the Holy Spirit is leading us in the right direction, and that we choose to follow Him.
1. MIND -- The term mind is used to represent the activating agent of spirit. It supplies the creative energy to spirit.
SPIRIT -- The term spirit is the Thought of God which He created like Himself.
If you think of yourself correctly, as spirit, then you will perceive yourself correctly and activate spirit. If you think of yourself incorrectly, as body/ego, then you will perceive yourself incorrectly and activate the ego. The mind does the choosing of which to activate: spirit or ego.
2. EGO -- The ego is but a dream; a thought you are apart from your Creator; a wish to be other than you were created; a thing of madness and not reality at all.
MIRACLE -- A miracle is also a dream, the correction for the false perception of the ego, leading you to a kindly world of gentleness.
The miracle is the opposite of the ego in every way. The ego is darkness; the miracle is light. The ego condemns; the miracle forgives. The ego is a misperceived idea, the miracle is a correction of that misperception.
3. FORGIVENESS -- Forgiveness is an illusion, yet with a difference. It aims at leading God's Son away from error instead of toward it. It looks beyond the error to the truth and is the only solution that does not lead to other illusions. It is the bridge to Heaven.
THE FACE OF CHRIST -- The face of Christ is a symbol of forgiveness and the real world. It is one step away from the gate of Heaven.
How lovely the world will look in that single instant when you see the truth about yourself and your brother reflected there. And forgiveness will lead you to this. Awaken and return your mind to its Creator; see the truth of yourself reflected in the face of Christ in your brother.
4. TRUE PERCEPTION -- True perception is the one correction possible in this world for false perception. Forgiveness, salvation, Atonement and true perception all are one. True perception is not seen with the body's eyes. For everything they see not only will not last, but lends itself to thoughts of judgment, sin and guilt. All that God created is forever without sin and therefore is forever without guilt.
KNOWLEDGE -- God's knowledge is changeless, certain, pure and wholly understandable. It is found when there is no longer any belief in sin, no walls, no bodies, the appeal of guilt and death are gone -- as God's memory returns.
If you only knew the peace that will envelop you and hold you safe and pure and lovely in the Mind of God, you could but rush to meet Him where His altar is. Hallowed your name and His, for they are joined here in this holy place. Here He leans down to lift you up to Him, out of illusions into holiness, out of the world and to eternity, out of all fear and given back to love.
5. JESUS -- The name of Jesus is the name of one who was a man but saw the face of Christ in all his brothers and remembered God. He identified with Christ, the perfect Son of God. He saw the road before him and followed it. Now we follow him. He will lead you back to God.
CHRIST -- Christ is the light of God, God's one perfect Son. Jesus is the Christ, along with you. And when you join your will with his, your sight will be his vision, and you will remember Who you are.
Walking with Jesus is just as natural as walking with a brother whom you knew since you were born, for such indeed he is. Behold how dear a brother he would be to you. He will set your mind at rest at last. Forget your dreams of sin and guilt and go with him instead to the Father. He not only knows the way, he IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
6. HOLY SPIRIT -- The Holy Spirit is a creation of the One Creator and has taken the form of the Voice for God. He is the remaining link between the Father and His separated Sons and resides in the Christ Mind in you and in all His Sons. He is The Answer to the separation and brings the plan of the Atonement (correction of perception) to us, establishing our particular part in it and helping us to complete it. His true reality is known only to God and Christ. When time is done, the Voice is gone, no longer to take form, but to return to the eternal Formlessness of God.
EPILOGUE -- Let us go out now and meet the newborn world, knowing that Christ has been reborn in it. We have begun again upon a road we traveled on before and lost our way a little while, but He has found it for us. And now we try again, this time with a new certainty of purpose and direction with Jesus leading the the way. The Son is still, quiet enters his home, and he is at peace at last, knowing GOD IS.