Workbook Review Lessons 204-210
I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me.
Lesson 204: Review of Lesson 184
(184) The Name of God is my inheritance. All the names you have been taught by the world that appear to keep things separate from each other and from God is not a fit inheritance for the Son of God. The nameless things were given names and meanings to go with them, making them appear as if they were reality. Then the mind conceived of little things and looked upon them and let them divert him from the truth of oneness and wholeness. In short, “the world” has its own agenda, its own voices, its own lessons for you to learn, its own rules and regulations, its own way of “seeing” to keep you constantly studying and reading and learning and earnestly trying -- all to keep you in its grip. Yet is any of it real? Even as you ask, you become aware that you will receive a plethora of divergent answers.
Who is to say whether or not anything that “the world” teaches is the truth? One lesson tells you “going through fear” and “facing it" is the way to release it. Another teaching says to overcome fear through forgiveness, recognizing that though your brother has “offended” you, you will be the “better person” and let it go. Is either way correct? Or is there still a Better Way? Yet the world’s motto is: “seek and do not find.” “Confusion born of separation,” then, is the world’s “gift” to the Son of God.
God has no name. The Name of God is but the inheritance He gave to those who chose the teaching of the world to take the place of Heaven. Let your mind accept what God has given as the answer to the pitiful inheritance the world offers as fitting tribute to the Son He loves. No one can fail who seeks the meaning of the Name of God. Experience will come to supplement the Word. (Sir Francis Bacon, who served as both Attorney General and Lord Chancellor of England said: "By far the best proof is experience.")
The world uses thousands upon thousands of names to label things. Yet only one (1) Name is used to unify sight. As His Son, you share the Name of God. Through Its use, all the foolish separations which kept you blind will disappear. You are given the strength to see beyond them. Now your sight is blessed with blessings you can give as you receive. Oneness is God’s gift to His Son!
Lesson 205: Review of Lesson 185
(185) I want the peace of God. To mean you want the peace of God is to renounce all dreams. For only if you no longer want illusions, and you no longer are willing to waste time seeking the means which bring illusions, can you go beyond them to the truth of peace. The mind that truly wants peace must join with other minds for that is how peace is obtained. When the will for peace is genuine, the means for finding it is given, in a form each mind that seeks for it in honesty can understand. The lesson is planned for you, when you are ready for peace, in such a way that you can not mistake it. If you are not sincere, there is no form in which the lesson will be accepted and be truly learned.
Truthfully, you want the peace of God. And so do all the dream-seekers. Everyone is seeking the truth of his Identity, whether he realizes it or not., and peace is what and who you are. You have just been seeking in all the wrong places, instead of willing what you already have! You share this will with all your brothers, whose intent is the same as yours. You cannot fail to receive peace when you ask for it because the peace of God is yours already. And no gift of God can be unshared. It is this attribute that sets the gifts of God apart from every dream that even seemed to take the place of truth.
The peace of God is my one goal; the aim of all my living here, the end I seek,
my purpose and my function and my life, while I abide where I am not at home.
Lesson 206: Review of Lesson 186
(186) Salvation of the world depends on me. Today’s idea may seem quite sobering, until you see its meaning. All it says is that your Father still remembers you, and offers you the perfect trust He holds in you who are His Son. It does not ask that you be different in any way from what you are. If God’s Voice assures you that salvation needs your part, and that the whole depends on you, be sure that it is so. You will be happy about it, too, as misery cannot come near the holy home of God.
The humble are free to hear the Voice Which tells them what they are, and what they do. You have the strength, the wisdom and the holiness to go beyond all illusory images to the truth in you. Unsubstantial images will go, and leave your mind unclouded and serene, when you accept the function given you as the salvation of the world. There is no doubt of its validity because it comes from One Who knows no error, and His Voice is certain of Its messages.
Do as God’s Voice directs. And if It asks a thing of you which seems impossible, remember Who it is That asks, and who would make denial. Then consider this; which is more likely to be right? The Voice that speaks for the Creator of all things and Who knows all things exactly as they are – or a distorted image of yourself, confused, bewildered, inconsistent and unsure of everything? Salvation of the world depends on you who can forgive. Such is your function here. Accept it with grace. Say:
I am entrusted with the gifts of God, because I am His Son.
And I would give His Gifts where He intended them to be.
For Love must give, and what is given in His Name takes on the form most useful in a world of form. Form is not needed in Heaven where there is only Formlessness. Forgiveness is an earthly form of love. In this form, you can fulfill your function here. What is needed here is given here as it is needed.
Lesson 207: Review of Lesson 187
(187) I bless the world because I bless myself. How do you bless yourself? You bless yourself by accepting the Love of God in a world of seeming hate and fear. His Love lights your mind by the gift of grace, which is the world’s most lofty aspiration. As you bless your brothers by sharing the light of God’s grace with them, you strengthen it in your own mind. Now are we one in thought, for fear and hate are gone. Here before the altar to one God, one Father, one Creator and one Thought, we stand together as one Son of God.
As we look within, we see the purity of Heaven shine in our reflection of our Father’s Love.
God’s blessing shines upon me from within my heart, where He abides. I need but
turn to Him, and every sorrow melts away, as I accept His boundless Love for me.
Lesson 208: Review of Lesson 188
(188) The peace of God is shining in me now. The shining in your mind reminds the world of what it has forgotten, and the world reflects and restores the memory to you as well. As you give it, you receive it. God Himself gives you thanks, and in His blessing the light in you shines even brighter, adding to the gifts you both give and receive. The peace of God is found in stillness, not the stillness of the body, but the stillness of the mind to which the body responds. This is the world the love of God reveals, the world of stillness, joy and peace. This is the world in which forgiveness shines on everything, showing you the beauty, innocence and salvation. Lay your blessing upon it as you say:
I will be still, and let the earth be still along with me. And in that stillness we will
find the peace of God. It is within my heart, which witnesses to God Himself.
Lesson 209: Review of Lesson 189
(189) I feel the Love of God within me now.
The Love of God is what created me. The Love of God is everything I am.
The Love of God proclaimed me as His Son. The Love of God within me sets me free.
There is a light in you the world cannot perceive. And with its eyes you will not see this light either, for you are blinded by the world. Yet this light was not placed in you to be kept hidden from your sight. You do have “eyes” to see it. This light reveals the world of the love of God. It is so different from the world you “see” while still peering about in the darkness. The world in which forgiveness shines on everything, and peace offers its gentle light to everyone, causes the world of darkness to disappear. Darkness is inconceivable to those who feel God’s Love in them.
What would you see? The choice is given you. Learn this law of seeing:
You will look upon that which you feel within.
If you feel the Love of God within you, you will look on a world of mercy and of love. Do this: Instead of choosing the way to go to God, choose instead to simply allow all obstacles you have interposed between the Son and God the Father to be quietly removed forever – and then just be still and let Him be. God will do His part in joyful and immediate response. Choose to let Him come. And with this choice -- rest in Him. Simple, easy, no worries, no frills – just your Heavenly Father and His Son.
Lesson 210: Review of Lesson 190
(190) I choose the joy of God instead of pain.
If God is real, there is no pain.
If pain is real, there is no God.
Which of those statements is more likely to be true?
Very simply then, the idea of pain is a wrong perspective. It is therefore self-deception. Think on this: If God (Love) is real, then there can be no pain since pain is the opposite of love in every way. We already have learned that the opposite of what is real cannot also be real. One has to be false. Since it is only deception that causes you pain, then perceive only harmlessness, only innocence, only truth, ONLY LOVE – and all pain will disappear. So simple!
Pain is my own idea. It is not a Thought of God, but one I thought apart from
Him and from His Will. His Will is joy, and only joy for His beloved Son.
And that I choose, instead of what I made.
Abraham Lincoln is reputed to have said: “The way to predict your future is to create it.” Create your future with no pain, only love, and be saved in the eternity of Light. Give yourself this present. ❤
I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.